IMGP0706The earliest records for St Peter’s Church date from 1292 but the Grade 1 listed building predominantly dates from the 15th century. Catcott is part of the Polden Wheel benefice which also covers the parishes of Ashcott, Burtle, Chilton Polden, Edington and Shapwick.

The benefice is part of the deanery of Glastonbury in the diocese of Bath and Wells.

RTweedy

 

The Revd Richard Tweedy is vicar of the Polden Wheel benefice.

 

 

 

 

Church History

The following images are of the Conveyance of the Church to the Church Commissioners in January 1924, prior to that the Church had been in private hands.

St Peter’s Church