The winners of this year’s Spring Gardens competition organised by the Catcott Village Association have been announced. The Spring Gardens Trophy for the best front garden was won by Joan and Norman Roberts of Manor Road. The Spring Cup for best back garden was awarded to Richard and Carol Clark of Manor Road.
This year’s guest judge was Ann Ruddle from Wells who toured the village on a damp day last month. She said it was difficult to choose the winners.
A special presentation evening will be held by the CVA later in the year when the winners will receive their trophies and certificates.
2016 Spring Gardens Competition
Spring Gardens Trophy winners:
- Joan and Norman Roberts, Little Trees, Manor Road
2. Ron and Denise Cox, 14 Lippetts Way
3. Jude and Phil Dyson-Coope, Chipley Cottage, Brook Lane
Highly Commended: Jane and Colin Pritchard, West Barton House, Manor Road
Commended: Alison and John Allan, Inglenook, Manor Road
Commended: Charlie and Helen Eichler, 8 Manor Road
- Richard and Carol Clark, Framptons, Manor Road
- Peter and Hillary Mackay, Barton Farm, Manor Road
- Gerry and Lily Wheeler, Langley Cottage, Langland Lane
Photos: Janet Holden